Full Time, Twelve (12) month opportunity (with the possibility of extension)
Location – Townsville
Who we are
MDA exists to shape a better future for all – a welcoming, inclusive, globally connected and economically strong community where diversity is recognised as a strength. We are committed to a welcoming Queensland where all new arrivals, parents of young children and disadvantaged job seekers can contribute and participate in our community.
What your journey with MDA will offer
MDA offers more than just a career – this is a true opportunity to make your mark and to be inspired by our energetic and diverse work culture.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to creating a welcoming, multicultural society;
- Opportunity to work for one of the largest and most reputable settlement organisations in Queensland;
- Ability to salary package $15,900 per fringe benefits tax year;
- Extensive opportunities for professional development both internally and externally.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Coordinator to build MDA’s profile and increase revenue. This role will support organisation’s mission and strategic plan by liaising with funders and networks to create a sustainable fundraising income stream.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the Regional Manager to lead on sourcing external funding opportunities, assist in the writing of grant applications and develop business cases to enable MDA to be innovative, diversify revenue and avoid over reliance on one key stream of income;
- Research, develop and implement business models, business opportunities and marketing strategies that enhance revenue and build sustainability of the Townsville hub;
- Develop strategies to identify and cultivate potential partners to achieve revenue growth and provide advice on emerging community needs;
- Ensure MDA achieve revenue targets and diversify funding streams;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and promote MDA programs and projects.
You are expected to have:
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in the field of management, business, community development, social work, human services or related disciplines and a minimum of two (2) years experience in raising revenue in a not for profit environment;
- Proven track record securing income through grants and other funding opportunities;
- Proven ability to think and act strategically towards identifying new opportunities;
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills with excellent networking and influencing skills;
- Highly developed written communication skills including the ability to write funding submissions and prepare reports.
For more information, please download the position description. Link :
How to Apply
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to join a fun and supportive working environment, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9AM Monday, 26th November 2018. Your application must contain a current resume and a brief summary (no more than one page) outlining what has motivated you to apply and the key skills and experience you feel you would bring to the position.
Please feel free to discuss this opportunity with Jill Armstrong, Regional Manager – Rockhampton on 0499 500 322 if the role is of interest.
Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: Recruitment for these positions will commence immediately. Interviews may occur prior to the end of the advertising period.