Ongoing, Full Time opportunity – Please forward to your networks
Who we are
MDA exists to shape a better future for all – a welcoming, inclusive, globally connected, and economically strong community. MDA’s settlement programs aim to create opportunities and develop skills and knowledge to achieve thriving social and economic well-being of newly arrived humanitarian entrants to Australia through a tailored and holistic case management approach.
What your journey with MDA will offer
MDA offers more than just a career – this is a true opportunity to make your mark and to be inspired by our energetic and diverse work culture.
- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities;
- Ability to take an additional four weeks leave per year by adjusting your salary to 48 weeks paid over the full 52 weeks; Provision of Ceremonial Leave for religious or cultural observance;
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organisation;
- Flexible and inclusive multicultural work environment.
The Settlement Engagement & Transition Support (SETS) team provides client services support to people settling in Queensland within 5 years of migrating to Australia, through the provision of low-medium intensity case management, and group work.
MDA is seeking a motivated Case Manager – Supervising for the SETS Program, who prioritises practice development. This position will provide you with the chance to advance your career in a supportive, collaborative and client-centered environment. This is your opportunity to equip and mentor case managers and to provide vital support to newly arrived refugees in a flexible and energetic environment.
What you can expect to do (not limited to the below):
- Inspire and mentor the team to build an environment of continuous improvement;
- Provide regular supervision to case managers and create opportunities to improve, reflect, share and implement best practice and innovative approaches that allow clients to thrive in their settlement journey;
- Attend network meetings and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective planning and delivery of services to clients;
- Provide leadership and support to ensure the team meets contractual Performance Indicators across service delivery areas and team activities comply with MDA and program specific contractual, audit and service standard requirements.
You will be expected to have:
- A passion for MDA’s mission of creating a welcoming and inclusive Queensland, and a desire to make a difference;
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in the field of Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Human Services. Other relevant qualifications (including overseas qualifications) or experience may be recognised;
- Proven ability to inspire and supervise a multidisciplinary team within an energetic environment and achieve program milestones and service deliverables;
- Commitment to provide practice development mentoring to case managers, and support to navigate complex and critical client-related incidents;
- Dynamic relationship-building skills and ability to confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders.
Full details about the role can be found in the position description. Link :
How to Apply
If you are ready for your next challenge, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer [email protected] by no later than 9 AM Thursday, 23rd May 2019 with a current resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role and the contact details for three professional referees.
Please feel free to discuss this opportunity with Anouska Nelson, SETS Team Leader, on 0413 961 974,if the role is of interest.
At MDA, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.