Fixed Term, Full Time for three (3) months
MDA’s settlement programs aim to create opportunities and develop skills and knowledge to achieve thriving social and economic well-being of newly arrived humanitarian entrants to Australia through a tailored and holistic case management approach. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, curious and dynamic individual to innovatively deliver culturally appropriate services to newly arrived refugees during their initial settlement period.
What you can expect to do (not limited to):
- Facilitate information sessions, and engage experts/guest speakers to build client’s life skills in identified areas of need;
- Participate in planning, facilitating and monitoring group work and community education activities as directed by the Team Leader;
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with MDA stakeholders;
- Provide culturally competent case management and coordination to people from a diverse range of refugee and humanitarian backgrounds including ability to complete comprehensive psychosocial needs assessments;
- Provide emotional support to clients in a culturally sensitive way with an understanding of acculturation and the continuing impact of past torture and trauma on clients;
- Work collaboratively with Bicultural Workers in a variety of tasks including facilitation of sessions, cultural review of topics and information as well as to provide direct case management with individual clients and their family members;
- Escalate to the relevant manager in situations in which a client is at risk, there is a risk to MDA, another agency or person;
- Provide information sessions and case management support across Toowoomba area including outreach services to Gatton and the Maranoa; and
- Coordinate the MDA volunteer program, community engagement activities and casual Bi-Cultural Workers;
MDA’s success has been based on the exceptional people who are passionate and committed to delivering quality work and having impact.
If you are ready for your next challenge, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer [email protected] by no later than 9 AM Monday 13th May 2019 with a current resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role and the contact details for three professional referees.
Full details about the role can be found in the position description link:
Please feel free to discuss this opportunity with Linny Thornely, Settlement Support Services Team Leader on 0421 943 137, if the role is of interest.
At MDA, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.