Ongoing, Part Time opportunity (2 days a week) – Dalby based
MDA’s Parents Next Officers are committed to championing the benefits of workforce diversity and marketing MDA as a recognized leader in the field. MDA has ParentsNext teams based in Rockhampton, Toowoomba, Townsville and Dalby – come join the team!
The key objectives of the ParentsNext program are to:
- Target early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency;
- Help parents identify their education and employment related goals and participate in activities that help them achieve their goals; and
- Connect parents to local services that can help them address their barriers to employment.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Support a diverse group of ParentsNext clients to understand their experiences, interests and aspirations;
- Create individual development plans that identify specific activities, milestones and support needed to build the individual’s capacity to move into education, training or employment;
- Identify specific education, training and employment opportunities that align to individual aspirations and interests;
- Develop, deliver and facilitate individual and group sessions for participants; and
- Actively promote inclusive and meaningful activities for clients with multiple barriers to employment to effectively create opportunities to maximise social inclusion.
MDA’s success has been based on the exceptional people who are curious, passionate and committed to delivering quality work and creating impact.
Full details about the role can be found in the position description Link:
Please feel free to discuss this opportunity with Jill Armstrong, Regional Manager, on 0499 500 322, if the role is of interest.
If you are ready for your next challenge, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 9AM Tuesday 23rd April 2019. Your application must contain a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role and a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
At MDA, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.