Fixed Term Position until January 2020
Part Time – 60.8 hours per fortnight
Who we are
MDA exists to shape a better future for all – a welcoming, inclusive, globally connected and economically strong community where diversity is recognised as a strength. We are committed to a welcoming Queensland where all new arrivals can contribute and participate in a multicultural society.
We are a values based organisation and our values alignment is key to achieving success in the Site Supervisor role. The principal measure of performance in this role will be the evidencing of delivery of the MDA Way. The statements which provide the ingredients of the MDA Way represent our cultural values and define the expectations of MDA staff in performing their roles and interacting with clients’ stakeholders and each other. An integral part of this role is to model and enhance the philosophies, attitudes, behaviours and practices defined in the MDA Way.
MDA, in partnership with the Salvation Army and other community services will establish and run a food rescue program; assisting to reduce food waste in Rockhampton and providing food for those in need. This new Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) training initiative will facilitate 2 groups of 13 trainees to complete 20 weeks of work as Hospitality Trainees via a suite of targeted skills and training. This will support Queenslanders to gain the skills, qualifications and experience needed to enter and stay in the workforce.
Key duties include (but not limited to) :
- Supervise groups of trainees and oversee the project in conjunction with the Project Coordinator;
- Ensure the activities comply with WH & S legislation and hospitality policies, confirming safe work methods are used by all trainees in relation to site activities, inspecting work progress and equipment and leading by example with all facets of WH & S and food safety;
- Work closely with our partners and stakeholders to meet shared objectives;
- Coordinate a group of trainees including motivating, teaching and developing trainees, supervision of work tasks and supporting trainees to submit fortnightly timesheets;
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure client privacy, business confidentiality and records are maintained appropriately;
- Apply cultural sensitivity, being aware of practices to be employed for cultural differences and in compliance with MDA’s client privacy policies
You will have:
- Certificate II in Hospitality or other relevant qualifications with a minimum of 2 years relevant hospitality experience;
- Hospitality supervision skills including strong experience complying with WH & S and Food Safety and work practices;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills and a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of issues in relation to disadvantaged job seekers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively within a small team and communicate effectively;
- Possession of, or willingness and eligibility to obtain, a Blue Card (Working with Children Suitability Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000) and Police Clearance Check;
- Possession of current Queensland Driver’s License (open).
What your journey with MDA will offer:
MDA offers more than just a career – this is a true opportunity to make your mark and to be inspired by our energetic and diverse work culture.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to creating a welcoming, multicultural society;
- Competitive salary package with ability to salary package $15,900 per fringe benefits tax year;
- Opportunity to work for one of the largest and most reputable settlement organisations in Queensland.
Extensive opportunities for professional development both internally and externally.
How to Apply:
To register your interest in this position, please email the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] by no later than 10AM Thursday 28th March 2019 with a current resume and a brief summary (no more than one page) outlining what has motivated you to apply and the key skills and experience you feel you would bring to the position.
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Jill Armstrong on 0499 500 322 or email to [email protected] You can also view the PD by this link:
Skilling Queenslanders for Work Site Supervisor - Hospitality PD 596.65 KB 8 downloads...
At MDA, we recognize we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.